Friday 20 January 2017

Marathon Training Week 5 - Thursday 19th Janaury

I was due a 3 mile run today, however I decided that I needed a good all body exercise.  I went for a PT with my boxing coach Andreas Evangelou.  Great HIIT session, starting off with a fast run for 10 minutes  on a treadmill with a gradual increase in pace until the last 30 seconds which was a sprint. This was followed by some pad work for 4 x 3 minute rounds with a 1 minute break in between rounds.  We then did some cardio, lunges with weights, burpees ( I hate these with a passion!)  Mountain climbers and more.  We finished with some core strengthening exercises. I'm aching today but I thoroughly enjoyed the work out. 

The good thing about the Hal Higdon training is that you can miss the occasional week runs but you must complete the long run on the Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment